The San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) recognizes that satellite events are often arranged in conjunction with its scheduled Symposium dates as a convenience to the target audience in attendance.
- REVIEW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
- ALL EVENTS MUST COMPLY WITH SABCS POLICIES.
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN THE ORGANIZING AND SPONSORING COMPANIES AND/OR INSTITUTIONS BEING BARRED FROM HOLDING SATELLITE EVENTS AND/OR EXHIBITING DURING SABCS FOR A MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR.
- Permitted start times above also apply to pre-event receptions, registration, etc.
- No application to schedule a satellite event before the 2023 SABCS will be considered.
- Any organization seeking to hold a Satellite Educational Symposia or Affiliate Meeting must submit an application to the Symposium office. Please complete the appropriate form. Symposium hotels and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center will not contract meeting space until an application has been approved by the Symposium office.
- Absolutely no market research, marketing surveys, or focus groups of any kind are allowed.
The deadline to submit an Educational Satellite Symposium (open) application is August 10, 2023.
Satellite Educational Symposia are autonomous, CME-accredited events that are held as an adjunct to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) and are supported by an organization other than the SABCS. Satellite Educational Symposia go through a rigorous approval process and are evaluated for their ability to provide educational content distinct from and/or that enhances the content provided by the official SABCS scientific program.
Satellite Educational Symposium events are open to all Symposium attendees.
- The SABCS review committee will select the best applications up to a maximum of eight (8) events. A maximum of two (2) events will be scheduled per day.
- Limited slots are available and will be determined by the SABCS official evening events schedule to reduce topic conflicts.
- Please indicate on the application form your desired date in order of preference. Events will be scheduled using the score received on application and date preference. (If there is a tie, events will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis on receipt of application.) Applicants will be notified of selection by August 28, 2023.
- Events must be CME accredited.
- The deadline for applications is August 10, 2023. No applications will be considered after the deadline.
- If supported by industry educational grants, letters of agreement from at least two funders are required.
- If industry support is involved, only those events sponsored by SABCS exhibitors will be considered.
- A $30,000 fee will be assessed for each approved open event. The fee includes:
- One free use of the SABCS domestic mailing list (mailing addresses only, no email addresses)
- Listing on the SABCS website and on the meeting app
- On-site Satellite Educational Symposia Booth from the opening of registration on Monday, December 4 through Friday, December 8, 2023. Although attendees will not be permitted to register for the symposia at this booth, invitations with symposia agendas, speakers, and registration information will be available and distributed at this location. Please note: This will be the only promotion allowed in the convention center.
- Social media posts on day of symposium
- Complimentary “Sponsored Event Listings” section on the SABCS Meeting News Website
- Opportunity to purchase an enhanced or premier listing in the daily SABCS Meeting News (separate fee based on availability)
- Cancellation Policy
- Refund less 10% if cancelled by September 1
- Refund less 75% if cancelled by September 30
- No refund for cancellations thereafter
- All approved open educational satellite events will take place in the evening at the Marriott Rivercenter or Marriott Riverwalk, the SABCS Headquarters Hotel and/or virtually.
- “SABCS” and “San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium” and other trademarks of SABCS may not be used in the URL, links, or Google Ads or similar online functionality in connection with the event.
- Applications will be scored according to the following criteria.
- Proposed content and speaker quality
- Educational need
- Timeliness of topic
- No overlap with SABCS program content
- Lower score will be given if program content was covered in last year’s SABCS
- If a satellite event application is not approved, SABCS is not responsible for contractual agreements made by event organizers.
Key Dates for Satellite Educational Symposia Applications
- August 10, 2023: Deadline for the submission of applications
- August 28, 2023: Acceptance letters mailed
- September 8, 2023: Payment and signed letter of agreement due to the SABCS
- October 26, 2023: Final deadline for approval of promotional and educational materials by the SABCS.
Final deadline for registration site links to the SABCS to post on website for all Satellite Educational Symposia
- November 3, 2023: Final deadline for mailing list request
- February 1, 2024: Summary of the symposium evaluations and final attendance count is due to the SABCS with copies of original evaluations
- A limited number of promotional and directional signs for symposia are permitted:
- One 22”w x 28”h poster must be provided to the SABCS for placement in the Satellite Educational Symposia Booth.
- One 22”w x 28”h poster may be placed at the supporting organization’s exhibit booth.
- Two 22”w x 28”h posters may be placed on the easels in front of the assigned meeting room, two hours prior to the start of the symposium. No signs will be permitted outside this venue, and no plasma screens are allowed.
- Three 8.5“w x 11”h handheld directional signs are permitted in areas near the allocated symposium room, 30 minutes prior to the start of the symposium. Handheld signs may be used near an elevator or escalator to direct attendees to the appropriate floor.
- No stand-alone signs are allowed to be placed in the hotel lobby.
- No additional display of such signage will be allowed within the Symposium except within an exhibit.
- One approved sign may be placed in the lobby of the hotel as well as a sign outside the meeting room
Notices and Mailings
- All notices and mailings must be submitted to the SABCS office for review and approval.
- Notices and fliers may be distributed in the sponsoring or organizing company's exhibit. Distribution of notices and fliers within the Symposium, in the convention center lobbies and exterior walkways, as well as on SABCS shuttle buses, is strictly prohibited.
- Please contact the Symposium office for information regarding rental of the SABCS mailing list.
- SABCS does not offer rental of fax or email lists.
- Notices regarding satellite events may be posted on the message boards at the Symposium. Size of each notice must not exceed 8½” x 14”.
SABCS requires any registration outside of a symposium room to be limited to three six-foot tables. Lead retrieval units will be offered to sponsorship organizations by CMR, the official SABCS registration vendor. Order forms, cost, and additional details will be provided to each sponsoring organization.
Submit your Request Form for Affiliate Meetings by October 23, 2023 to qualify for the lowest available administrative and application fees. Online applications will close on November 17, 2023. After November 17, parties interested in holding Affiliate Meetings must contact email@example.com directly to apply and will be reviewed/accepted pending hotel availability.
Affiliate Meetings are events which are closed to all except the members of a pre-determined group, such as closed investigator meetings, advisory boards, company staff meetings, board meetings, etc.
- Limited to events organized by SABCS exhibitors and supporters, select established academic or medical institutions, and non-profit organizations.
- Promotional events will not be approved.
- Group must be defined on application.
- Satellite event requests must be made within seven (7) business days of SABCS to be reviewed.
Organizations planning media events during any SABCS meeting are required to coordinate with SABCS’s designated Communications Department. Companies may submit requests for space to hold press events on meeting days; however, events must not conflict with the SABCS meeting, specified blackout times, or SABCS policies.
For more information please contact SABCS's designated Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-446-6896.
- Event organizers are responsible for contracting and payment for function space and support services.
- The Marriott Rivercenter-Riverwalk is the official headquarters hotel of SABCS. Arrangements should be made directly with Debi Hamilton, Senior Event Manager, phone 210-228-4337, email email@example.com
- For closed events, the Symposium office will be pleased to provide you with the contact information at our other fine Symposium hotels. Phone 210-450-1550, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing for support staff must be reserved through the SABCS Housing Bureau. Please refer to the SABCS website for instructions and to reserve housing online.
- If your participants will attend any part of SABCS, they are expected to register and pay the appropriate fees.
- If for any reason the satellite event is cancelled or otherwise changed, please notify the Symposium office in writing via email at email@example.com.