Decision letters, along with presentation instructions, have been e-mailed to the Presenter (the contact person/first author listed). If you did not receive a notification, please contact email@example.com
Please notify the symposium office as early as possible if your presentation will not be made, and reference your assigned program number. If a scheduled presenter fails to appear in person or to send a replacement, and does not cancel the poster or slide presentation before the meeting, that presenter may be barred from having an abstract accepted in the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium® for one year.
Notification must be sent in written form via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 210-450-1560.
Publication & Embargo Regulations
Violation of the following policies will result in the withdrawal of the involved abstract from any 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium® presentation:
- By submitting an abstract for the 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium®, the presenter verifies that the abstract's contents and its conclusions have not been and will not be published or presented at any large international or national meeting prior to the SABCS® program.
- All authors must comply with the Symposium embargo policy, which states that no author is to provide information regarding the abstract or related research to be presented during the Symposium to the media or public prior to the scheduled time of presentation at the 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium®.
Permission to Reproduce Presentation
All accepted abstracts, other than those that are withdrawn prior to publication and any that may have been accepted as a special late exception, will be published in the Symposium's online abstract book, as well as in SABCS® On Demand on the SABCS® website. In addition, the 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium® currently contracts with other parties to record and transcribe oral presentations for online slide review and streaming webcast on the SABCS® website. Poster presentations are also posted on the SABCS® website. All of these resources are made available to the user at no charge.
The cost of such reproduction and publication may be funded by educational grants from medical industry in accordance with ACCME guidelines.
This “Permission to Reproduce Presentation” applies to the presentation regardless of its form. All recordings and reproductions shall be made only with appropriate acknowledgement of the Presenter as the author, and only with reference to presentation at SABCS®. No portion of the Presentation shall be extracted for reproduction or publication by itself, unless specifically offered by the Presenter as a summary, overview, or abstract.
Notify the SABCS® office at email@example.com no later than November 1, 2018, if you need to withhold an abstract, poster or particular slide. You agree to give your permission to reproduce your presentation unless you take the actions outlined here. For the benefit of our attendees we encourage you not to withhold unless absolutely necessary.
As the Submitting Author for the abstract and on behalf of all the authors, you transfer copyrights of the abstract to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium® (SABCS®), in the event that this abstract is published in the online Symposium proceedings (Supplement to Cancer Research). With this transfer, the authors relinquish all exclusive rights to copyright ownership of the abstract, including without limitation all rights of reproduction, derivation, distribution, sale, and display of the work, in whole or in part, in any and all forms of media now or hereafter known. SABCS®, as copyright owners, has sole authority to grant permission to reproduce the Abstract.
Authors of abstracts published in the SABCS® online Symposium proceedings (Supplement to Cancer Research) are permitted to use their abstracts in the following ways without requesting permission from the SABCS®. All such uses must include appropriate attribution to the Cancer Research supplement issue in which the abstracts are published. Authors may:
- Reproduce the abstract, including tables, in books, reviews, or subsequent research articles they write;
- Use the abstract in presentations;
- Post a link to the online version of the abstract on their institutional website, if this is required by their institution;
- Submit a copy of their article to their university in support of a doctoral thesis.
For questions about abstract submission, contact CTI Meeting Technologies, Inc. by phone 217-398-1792 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.