Reservations which have been obtained through agencies other than the official SABCS® Housing Bureaus (Orchid Events & SABCS IGH) are not guaranteed.
Beware of pirates and poachers!
SABCS contracts for blocks of hotel rooms at discounted rates for the benefit of our attendees. Pirates and poachers not only jeopardize the symposium’s ability to meet its obligations, but also place attendees in danger of increased fees, credit card theft, and fraudulent reservations, often leaving attendees without rooms.
- PIRATE: A fictitious business, often with a name like “Convention Housing Services.” A pirate will contact faculty, exhibitors, or potential attendees. The pirate claims to be working with the symposium and will pressure you to reserve and pay for a hotel room immediately due to low inventory. They charge your credit card and also collect the information for future use, but no hotel rooms are reserved.
- POACHER: Hotel poachers, also known as third-party room-block marketing firms, often present themselves as either the official housing agency for a conference or authorized by it to book hotel reservations. A poacher offers hotel rooms outside of the symposium’s contracted block. For the attendee, this will result in higher hotel rates and loss of the opportunity to receive a 15% discount off your symposium registration fee.
If you are in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-450-1550.
To receive 15% discount off your registration, please reserve your hotel room with Orchid Events and/or SABCS International Group Housing, the official SABCS housing bureaus. Registration for SABCS will open in July 2023. The hotel acknowledgment number and hotel name must be entered when registering in order to receive the registration discount.
Book Individual Hotel
Reservations Online: Click
Phone: 1-888-503-5890 or 1-801-214-7281
Customer Care Support is available 8:00 am – 7:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday
Book International Group Housing: Click
Note: Room rates are per night. Hotel room taxes and applicable fees are not included in the room rates.
Individual: The deadline to guarantee availability and conference rates is November 13, 2023. After this date,
reservations will be made based on availability and hotels may charge higher
Reserve your room at one
of the official 2023 SABCS hotels while discounted hotel rooms are
available. All housing reservations must be completed by this deadline to
receive discounted hotel rates, so don’t delay! Book your hotel today to secure
one of your top hotel preferences. All rates are based on the number of people
staying in the room and are subject to a 1.25% Tourism Public Improvement District
fee (TPID). Room rates and TPID fees are subject to a 16.75% hotel occupancy tax
per night (subject to change). Special requests cannot be guaranteed;
however, the hotels will do their best to honor all requests. Hotels will
assign specific room types upon check-in, based on availability. Reservations
are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Domestic Group Room Block Requests:
For groups of 10 or more you must complete the online
Group Block Housing Request Form. Once your room block request has been processed, you
can access your block through a link you will receive in your confirmation
email. It is required that you utilize this feature to manage your group
inventory online and submit your rooming list.
Please note: the number of rooms permitted for a group
block are limited to between 20 - 50 rooms at the following hotels: Grand Hyatt, Hilton
Palacio del Rio, Marriott Riverwalk, Marriott Rivercenter, Westin Riverwalk,
Hotel Contessa, Omni La Mansion del Rio, Mokara Hotel, La Quinta Riverwalk and
Hyatt Regency San Antonio. If you are choosing one of these hotels, and the room block
requested exceeds the permitted rooms at a specific hotel, your block will be split
between other hotels.
Room blocks are placed upon availability.
Domestic Group Room Block Policies:
- July 31, 2023: Room blocks may not shift rooms to a different hotel after this date.
- October 13, 2023: Group block requests are due. Group blocks may be accepted after October 13, 2023 based upon availability.
- October 13, 2023: Full payment for the entire stay (total room
nights) for each reservation is due to the hotel and becomes non-refundable after this date. Any room nights confirmed on or after this date will also immediately become non-refundable.
- October 13, 2023: A complete rooming list with names for each
room reservation must be submitted. Any rooms not reserved will be released.
Duplicate names are not permitted.
An acknowledgment of your hotel reservation will be sent to you immediately via email upon completion of the online process or within 3-5 business days for reservations received via phone. If you do not receive an acknowledgment within this time frame, please contact SABCS Housing Bureau at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Domestic Telephone: 888-503-5890; Customer Care Support is available 8:00 am – 7:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday.
- International Telephone: 801-214-7281
No charges are incurred at the time of booking; however, a payment
guarantee is required to hold your reservation in the amount of two night's
stay plus applicable taxes and fees at your confirmed hotel.
Guarantee with Check: Check payments must be received by SABCS Housing Office by no later than October 20, 2023. Two night's room rate plus taxes and applicable fees will be required to guarantee check deposit reservations.
Mail checks to:
2023 SABCS® Housing
(Attn: Orchid Events)
6905 S. 1300 E #220
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84047 USA.
After October 20, 2023, please make checks payable to
your confirmed hotel to be mailed or presented upon arrival.
Continue to use 2023 SABCS housing, Orchid Events, for changes and
November 17, 2023
. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: 1-888-503-5890 or 1-801-214-7281. Customer Care Support is
available 8:00 am – 7:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday.
November 20, 2023, changes and cancellations
must be directed to your confirmed hotel.
Within 48 hours of arrival, the entire reservation amount, for all
room nights confirmed, is non-refundable.
Changes to the reservation (delayed arrival/early departure) or full cancellation
and no-shows within these time periods will not reduce these charges.
Hotels may require a one night’s room and tax deposit after November 13, 2023. If this applies the credit card provided will be charged that amount. Declined credit cards may result in cancellation of your hotel reservation.