The San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) recognizes that satellite events are often arranged in conjunction with its scheduled Symposium dates as a convenience to the target audience in attendance.
- REVIEW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
- ALL EVENTS MUST COMPLY WITH SABCS POLICIES.
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN THE ORGANIZING AND SPONSORING COMPANIES AND/OR INSTITUTIONS BEING BARRED FROM HOLDING SATELLITE EVENTS AND/OR EXHIBITING DURING SABCS FOR A MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR.
- Permitted start times above also apply to pre-event receptions, registration, etc.
- No application to schedule a satellite event before the 2019 SABCS will be considered.
- No breakfast or early morning events will be approved so as not to interfere with SABCS scheduled programming. Please contact the Symposium office for further information at 210-450-1550 or email@example.com.
- Any organization seeking to hold a satellite event must submit an application to the Symposium office. Please complete the appropriate form and send it to the Symposium office via fax 210-450-1560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Symposium hotels and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center will not contract for meeting space until an application has been approved by the Symposium office.
- Absolutely no market research, marketing surveys or focus groups of any kind are allowed.
Events open to all Symposium attendees
- SABCS review committee will select the best applications up to a maximum of 5. A maximum of 2 events will be scheduled per day.
Please indicate on the application form your desired date in order of preference. Events will be scheduled using the score received on application and date preference. (If a tie, events will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis on receipt of application.) Applicants will be notified of selection in August.
- Must be CME accredited.
- Deadline for applications is July 8. No applications will be considered after the deadline.
- If supported by industry educational grants, letters of agreement from at least 2 funders are required.
- If industry support is involved, only those events sponsored by SABCS exhibitors will be considered.
- A $20,000 fee will be assessed for each approved open event. Fee includes:
- one free use of the SABCS domestic mailing list
- listing on the SABCS website and in print materials
- one free sign placement regarding approved satellite event posted at the convention center
- Cancellation Policy
- Refund less 10% if cancelled by September 3
- Refund less 75% if cancelled by September 30
- No refund for cancellations thereafter
- All approved open satellite events will take place at the Marriott Rivercenter, the SABCS Headquarters Hotel.
- DO NOT use “SABCS” as part of an address or URL if you set up an email box or website for your satellite event.
- Applications will be scored according to the following criteria.
- Proposed content and speaker quality
- Educational need
- Timeliness of topic
- No overlap with SABCS program content
- Lower score will be given if program content was covered in last year’s SABCS
- If a satellite event application is not approved, SABCS is not responsible for contractual agreements made by event organizers.
• Approval and distribution of room drops at SABCS hotels is managed exclusively by Convention
Communications. Please contact Tom Marshall, phone 513-934-3700, e-mail email@example.com
• An area will be designated in the convention center lobby for display of signs regarding approved satellite
• No additional display of such signs will be allowed within the Symposium except within an exhibit.
• Approval and placement of signs at SABCS hotels and the Convention Center are managed exclusively by
Convention Communications. Please contact Tom Marshall, phone 513-934-3700, e-mail
Notices & Mailings
- All notices and mailings must be submitted to the SABCS office for review and approval. Fax 210-450-1560, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notices and fliers may be distributed in the sponsoring or organizing company's exhibit. Distribution of notices and fliers within the Symposium, in the convention center lobbies and exterior walkways, as well as on SABCS shuttle buses, is strictly prohibited.
- Please contact the Symposium office for information regarding rental of the SABCS mailing list. Phone 210-450-1550, e-mail email@example.com
- SABCS does not offer rental of fax or e-mail lists.
- Notices regarding satellite events may be posted on the message boards at the Symposium. Size of each notice must not exceed 8½” x 14”.
Those events which are closed to all except the members of a pre-determined group, such as closed investigator meetings, advisory boards, company staff meetings, board meetings, etc.
- Limited to events organized by SABCS exhibitors and supporters, select established academic or medical institutions and non-profit organizations.
- Companies who are not supporting SABCS with an exhibit or corporate sponsorship but wish to hold a closed satellite event may do so by becoming a supporter at a minimum level of $5,000.
- Refund less 10% if cancelled by November 22
- Refund less 75% if cancelled by November 29
- No refund for cancellations thereafter
- Promotional events will not be approved.
- Group must be defined on application.
- Deadline for applications is November 22. (For events in convention center: September 27)
- No fee assessed by SABCS.
Complete the relevant portions of the Closed Event application.
Send application to Symposium office.
- If event is approved, Symposium office will contact you regarding further details.
- SABCS will be providing a list of media events to the press at the Symposium. If you are organizing a media event, please provide all requested information to assure maximum attendance.
- Event organizers are responsible for contracting and payment for function space and support services.
- The Marriott Rivercenter-Riverwalk is the official headquarters hotel of SABCS. Arrangements should be made directly with Debi Hamilton, Senior Event Manager, phone 210-228-4337, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- For closed events, the Symposium office will be pleased to provide you with the contact information at our other fine Symposium hotels. Phone 210-450-1550, e-mail email@example.com
- For function space for closed events at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, please contact Grace Hernandez, Booking Services Coordinator, phone 210-207-2221, e-mail Grace.Hernandez@sanantonio.gov
- Housing for support staff must be reserved through the SABCS Housing Bureau. Please refer to www.sabcs.org/Hotel for instructions and to reserve housing online.
- If your participants will attend any part of SABCS, they are expected to register and pay the appropriate fees. Advance registration discount ends October 31. Please refer to www.sabcs.org/Registration for instructions and to register online.
- If for any reason the satellite event is cancelled or otherwise changed, please notify the Symposium office in writing via fax 210-450-1560 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org