2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium®
Decision letters, along with presentation instructions, have been e-mailed to the Presenter (the contact person/first author listed). If you did not receive a notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepted Oral Presentations, please click here for instructions
- Accepted Spotlight Session Poster Presenters (Discussion) please click here for instructions
- Accepted Poster Presentations, please click here for instructions
Late Submission Abstracts
- The deadline for late submission abstracts was August 30, 2019, 11:59 pm, Central Time, USA.
- A late submission abstract refers only to paradigm shifting basic science discovery, or translational or clinical research of relevance to patients.
- Please note that, due to program schedule considerations, most if not all late submissions will be programmed as posters and scheduled on Saturday, December 14, 2019. This does not mean that there will not be any oral presentations selected from late submissions.
- Late Submission Notifications - Late
submission abstracts are currently being reviewed. Decision letters, along with
presentation instructions will be e-mailed to the Presenter (the contact
person/first author listed) as soon as they become available.
Cancellations/Change of Presenter
- To change the presenter, notification must be sent in written form (to include replacements full name, title and email) via email to email@example.com or fax notification to 210-450-1560 before the meeting.
- The deadline for SABCS 2019 abstract content and author revisions was July 8, 2019. Abstract content or author revision requests received after this date will not be made. The deadline for minor revisions such as spelling and minor corrections was August 30, 2019*. NOTE: You will be charged $25 for each revision.
- Send change requests to firstname.lastname@example.org you must include your abstract file number with your request.
Please notify the symposium office as early as possible if your presentation will not be made, and reference your assigned program number. If a scheduled presenter fails to appear in person or to send a replacement, and does not cancel the poster or slide presentation before the meeting, that presenter may be barred from having an abstract accepted in the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium for one year.
Notification must be sent in written form via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 210-450-1560.
Publication & Embargo Regulations
Violation of the following policies will result in the withdrawal of the involved abstract from any 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium presentation:
- By submitting an abstract for the 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, the presenter verifies that the abstract's contents and its conclusions have not been and will not be published or presented at any large international or national meeting prior to the SABCS program.
- All authors must comply with the Symposium embargo policy, which states that no author is to provide information regarding the abstract or related research to be presented during the Symposium to the media or public prior to the scheduled time of presentation at the 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Permission to Reproduce Presentation
All accepted abstracts, other than those that are withdrawn prior to publication and any that may have been accepted as a special late exception, will be published in the Symposium's online abstract book, as well as in SABCS On Demand on the SABCS website. In addition, the 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium currently contracts with other parties to record and transcribe oral presentations for online slide review and streaming webcast on the SABCS website. Poster presentations are also posted on the SABCS website. All of these resources are made available to the user at no charge.
The cost of such reproduction and publication may be funded by educational grants from medical industry in accordance with ACCME guidelines.
This “Permission to Reproduce Presentation” applies to the presentation regardless of its form. All recordings and reproductions shall be made only with appropriate acknowledgement of the Presenter as the author, and only with reference to presentation at SABCS. No portion of the Presentation shall be extracted for reproduction or publication by itself, unless specifically offered by the Presenter as a summary, overview, or abstract.
Notify the SABCS office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 1, 2019, if you need to withhold an abstract, poster or particular slide. You agree to give your permission to reproduce your presentation unless you take the actions outlined here. For the benefit of our attendees we encourage you not to withhold unless absolutely necessary.
As the Submitting Author for the abstract and on behalf of all the authors, you transfer copyrights of the abstract to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS), in the event that this abstract is published in the online Symposium proceedings (Supplement to Cancer Research). With this transfer, the authors relinquish all exclusive rights to copyright ownership of the abstract, including without limitation all rights of reproduction, derivation, distribution, sale, and display of the work, in whole or in part, in any and all forms of media now or hereafter known. SABCS, as copyright owners, has sole authority to grant permission to reproduce the Abstract.
Authors of abstracts published in the SABCS online Symposium proceedings (Supplement to Cancer Research) are permitted to use their abstracts in the following ways without requesting permission from the SABCS. All such uses must include appropriate attribution to the Cancer Research supplement issue in which the abstracts are published. Authors may:
- Reproduce the abstract, including tables, in books, reviews, or subsequent research articles they write;
- Use the abstract in presentations;
- Post a link to the online version of the abstract on their institutional website, if this is required by their institution;
- Submit a copy of their article to their university in support of a doctoral thesis.
For questions about abstract submission, contact CTI Meeting Technologies, Inc. by phone 217-398-1792 or by email email@example.com.
The deadline to submit an abstract for the 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium was July 8, 2019.
- This refers to abstracts submitted before the deadline for regular abstract submission but do not have results.
- This is only allowed for major clinical trials with implications on clinical practice or groundbreaking research findings.
- For placeholder abstracts, a full abstract containing complete results must be submitted by August 30, 2019 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Placeholder abstracts that do not fulfill these criteria may be rejected.
- Placeholder claims must follow standard changes policy and deadlines.
- Only abstract body results will be updated for placeholder claims.
Decision letters, along with presentation instructions, have been e-mailed to the Presenter (the contact person/first author listed). If you do not receive a notification, please contact email@example.com
2019 SABCS Scholarship applications are
currently being reviewed by the committee. Notifications will be sent as soon
as the names of the recipients become available.
Deadline to submit a scholarship/travel award was July 8, 2019.
The purpose of these scholarships and travel awards is to promote the education and professional development of early-career clinicians and scientists who are actively pursuing research in breast cancer by facilitating their participation at the 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Scholarships and travel awards will be awarded to graduate students, medical students, postdoctoral fellows, and physicians-in-training whose abstracts are accepted for presentation at the 2019 SABCS, based upon the quality of their abstracts and other criteria outlined below. Recipients of these scholarships and travel awards will be identified in the SABCS program, both print and online, and also at the meeting.
In order to be eligible for these scholarships and travel awards, the applicant:
- Must be a graduate student, medical student or resident, or clinical or postdoctoral fellow in an official training program at an academic institution.
- Must provide certification of "in-training" status from the program director.
- Must be noted as the Presenter on an abstract submitted for the 2019 SABCS.
- Must submit an application for a scholarship or travel award with the abstract.
- Must upload a current CV.
- Must register for and attend the Symposium and present the accepted abstract.
- May not be a previous recipient of a scholarship or travel award.
SABCS CLINICAL SCHOLARS
For clinical scientists-in-training who are actively pursuing clinical or clinical/translational research in breast cancer
SABCS BASIC SCIENCE SCHOLARS
For laboratory-based investigators-in-training whose work focuses on the biology of breast cancer and preclinical models of its development and progression
AACR SCHOLAR-IN-TRAINING AWARDS
For presenters of meritorious abstracts who are Associate Members of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
Additional Scholarships and Travel Awards may become available before the Abstract Submission deadline.
- The above scholarships and travel awards are for Abstract Presenters.
- The scholarship/travel award application is part of the Abstract Submission process.
- By completing the scholarship/travel award application you will be considered for all scholarships/travel awards
for which you meet the criteria.
- The deadline to submit a scholarship/travel award was July 8, 2019.