The deadline for open satellite applications is July 3, 2018
Events open to all Symposium attendees
- SABCS review committee will select the best applications up to a maximum of 5. A maximum of 2 events will be scheduled per day.
Please indicate on the application form your desired date in order of preference. Events will be scheduled using the score received on application
and date preference. (If a tie, events will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis on receipt of application.) Applicants will be notified of selection in late July.
- Must be CME accredited.
- Deadline for applications is July 3. No applications will be considered after the deadline.
- If supported by industry educational grants, letters of agreement from at least 2 funders are required.
- If industry support is involved, only those events sponsored by SABCS exhibitors will be considered.
- A $20,000 fee will be assessed for each approved open event. Fee includes:
- one free use of the SABCS domestic mailing list
- listing on the SABCS website and in print materials
- one free sign placement regarding approved satellite event posted at the convention center
- Cancellation Policy
- Refund less 10% if cancelled by September 1
- Refund less 75% if cancelled by September 30
- No refund for cancellations thereafter
- All approved open satellite events will take place at the Marriott Rivercenter, the SABCS Headquarters Hotel.
- DO NOT use “SABCS” as part of an address or URL if you set up an email box or website for your satellite event.
- Applications will be scored according to the following criteria.
- Proposed content and speaker quality
- Educational need
- Timeliness of topic
- No overlap with SABCS program content
- Lower score will be given if program content was covered in last year’s SABCS
- If a satellite event application is not approved, SABCS is not responsible for contractual agreements made by event organizers.