- Everyone must register in order to attend.
- Payment must be in U.S. Currency, and checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Due to liability restrictions and concerns, children under eighteen years of age may not participate in any part of this symposium.
- There are no day/partial registrations.
Registration for SABCS may be completed online or by fax, mail or email. Select the appropriate registration category from the list below.
- Regular registration
- AACR registration
- UT Health San Antonio staff & faculty
- BCM staff & faculty
- Resident or Postdoctoral fellow
- Patient Advocate - The patient advocate registration category is reserved exclusively for patient advocates and is not intended for medical professionals. Individuals interested in registering under this category either work or volunteer for national not-for-profit patient advocacy organizations that demonstrate a charitable mission, engage in patient advocacy activities, provide support for people with cancer, have a nonprofessional membership, do not offer CME or scientific programs for professionals.
*If not registering online as a Patient Advocate, you must include the Patient Advocate Verification form with your registration.
- Spouse/Guest registration is not available in advance and may only be purchased on-site beginning Wednesday, December 6. All spouse/guest registrants must be accompanied by a registered attendee and is not available to healthcare professionals or exhibitors. The spouse/guest fee includes access to the exhibit area and receptions only. The fee for spouse/guest registration is $250.
Registration Categories and Fees:
|AACR Member Registration
|UT Health San Antonio Staff & Faculty
|BCM Staff & Faculty
|Resident or Postdoctoral Fellow
NOTE: In order to receive the discount fee, you must register and pay by October 31, 2017 11:59 CDT
Registration fees include:
• Admission to all sessions
• Complimentary continental breakfast Wed. – Sat.
• Complimentary evening reception Tues. – Fri.
• Complimentary beverages Tues. - Sat.
• Exclusive to attendees only (until Jan. 31, 2018) access to SABCS online
• SABCS on Demand
• Opportunity for early 2018 SABCS housing
National Provider Identifier (NPI) (for USA MDs only)
The 2010 Federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requires most of our exhibitors to log encounters in their exhibit booth with US physicians by collecting each NPI. In order to assist our exhibitors in this task SABCS will incorporate the number in the bar code on each US provider’s Symposium badge.
Please note that the NPI is required in order for USA MDs to complete their Symposium registration, whether registering as an individual or part of a group registration.
To locate your NPI number click on the following link https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/
- Discounted pre-registration ends October 31. You must be registered and paid by October 31 to receive the discounted registration rate. If you have not paid by October 31, your registration fee will be changed to the non-discounted rate.
- Pre-registration ends November 11.
- On-site registration opens December 4.
Cancellations must be received in writing prior to November 11, 2017 and are subject to the following processing fees:
$75.00 Regular Registration, AACR Member and UTHSCSA & BCM staff & faculty
- $20.00 Resident, Postdoctoral fellow, Student
- $20.00 Patient Advocate
Refunds will not be granted after November 11, 2017 nor will they be given for no-shows. Please email cancellations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitution of registration (same type) is permitted prior to November 11, 2017. Only one substitution is permitted per original registrant with written consent. Written consent from the original registrant or by the person who paid for the registration is required. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations associated with that substitution as well as updating any contact/demographic information. Please email substitution requests to
SABCS will send written confirmation within 10 days of receipt of the completed registration information. If you do not receive your confirmation within this time frame please contact us at
The Symposium press facilities are open to representatives of print, broadcast and Internet general interest media and health care trade media, as well as public information officers from universities, government agencies and nonprofit cancer research organizations.
To register as press, journalists must present media identification or a business card issued by a recognized news organization or publication, as well as two byline medical articles or a copy of editorial masthead. Freelance journalists must present a letter of assignment on letterhead from a recognized news organization or publication, and a business card.
Journalists working for medical publishing companies must have appropriate press credentials (i.e., proof of an editorial assignment) in order to register and the publication must meet the following criteria:
- The publication must have a regular editorial news section
- Must have multiple sponsors (no single-sponsor publications)
- Must have complete editorial freedom from their sponsors
- Exhibitors will not be allowed to register as press unless they can provide proof of an editorial assignment
Journalists reporting for online media outlets (including blogs, twitter accounts, etc) who wish to register as press must work for news-making organizations or private blogs that meet the following criteria:
- The website must provide original, editorial news coverage
- Editorial content must be independent of advertising and sponsorship
- Advertising on the website must be clearly identifiable as such
- Any sponsors of the website should be clearly identified as such and should be multiple in number (i.e., no single-sponsored websites)
- Any personal blog or twitter account pass is subject to review by the AACR Office of Communications
Public information officers from universities, government agencies and nonprofit cancer research organizations must present a business card to obtain a badge.
Valid credentials are required of every journalist in order to complete registration. You will be sent the online registration link if you qualify as Press/Media.
For further information, please call 215-446-7155 or e-mail email@example.com.
Complimentary limited access exhibitor registrations entitle the registrant to access the registration area and the exhibit area only, including off-hours access to exhibit area. Full registration is required in order to attend SABCS programs.
On-Site Individual Registration
|Monday, December 4
||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, December 5
8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday, December 6
7:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Thursday, December 7
||6:45 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, December 8
||6:45 AM - 5:15 PM
Saturday, December 9
||6:45 AM - 9:00 AM
If you are traveling to the symposium from outside the United States and require a visa or a letter for your institution/university, SABCS wishes to support your efforts to secure the needed travel documentation to attend the Symposium. The Welcome Letter may help smooth the Visa process and is acceptable by those institutions/universities requiring a written letter. Individuals who require a Welcome Letter must first register and pay for the Symposium.
Such letters are sent only as signed originals, not via e-mail. We regret that current postal services prevent us from mailing letters to Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
Please click the appropriate link above to register for the Symposium and request a Welcome Letter.